WEDNESDAY 10am-5pm; 7-9pm
For requests, curbside service and delivery,
NOTE TO ALL:
In BAD WEATHER, CALL TO SEE IF WE’RE OPEN: 492-3410!
Shrewsbury Library NEW Web Link
BOARD MEETING AGENDAS
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
2015-01-13 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-02-10 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-04-15 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
Library Annual Meeting May 12 2015
2015-06-16 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-07-14 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-09-08 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-10-13 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2015-11-15 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2016-03-08 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
2016-04-12 Shrewsbury Library Board Meeting
Library News February 2023
Please don’t visit if you’re not well, and wear a mask if you want to.
To search the Library catalog, put a hold on an item, check your account, or get the latest information, please go to www.shrewsburylibrary.org.
* WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY! If the weather is bad, please call the Library during library hours to see if anyone is there before setting out: 802 492-3410. Our Town has the best Road Crew in the State (in my estimation!) and the Library has very dedicated trustees and volunteer staffers, but sometimes the weather gets the better of all of us!
- REMEMBERING JOHN O’DOWD and GARY SALMON: In the last two months, our Town and our Library lost two remarkable friends.
- JOHN was a member of both the Famous Books Book Club and the Writer’s Group. His humor, insight and good will made him someone who made a wonderful difference in our lives. I particularly appreciated the keen observations of the haiku he published in The Times, and his down-to-earth, on-target comments in Writers’ Group.
- GARY was a beloved forester, expert on everything to do with trees, dynamic speaker and teacher. We will greatly miss his annual talks on his recent discoveries and meditations: spirited and packed with valuable information. I would love to see a book of his Times articles and the photographs he posted in the Library entryway.
- REMEMBERING LARRY CARRARA: We remember LARRY for his book, A Moose for Jessica, which encouraged all of us, especially children, to pay attention to nature and its creatures. He was a friend to all, someone whose wave in passing made the day brighter.
* NEW QUILT RAFFLE: We’ll announce details soon. Thanks again to TRISH NORTON for her art and initiative!
- We’re taking a pause in February and March, and starting up in April. SAVE THE DATE: FRIDAY, APRIL 21st (EARTH DAY) for a presentation by LILY FRENCH on plastics: their impact and how to avoid using them. Details to come!
Sunday, February 19 @ 4 pm: FAMOUS BOOKS BOOK CLUB. Turgenev’s wonderful novel, Fathers and Children (postponed from January). Please contact Joan if you need a copy: [email protected]
Sunday, February 26 @ 4 pm: SCIENCE BOOK CLUB: Best Science & Nature Writing 2022. (Discussion 1 of 2). Please contact Margery Salmon if you need a copy: [email protected]
New Books include:
- Michael Connelly’s Desert Star: A Renee Ballard & Harry Bosch Mystery.
- Cormac McCarthy’s Stella Maris: The companion novel to The Passenger.
- Nina Totenberg’s Dinner with Ruth: A Memoir on the Power of Friendship.
- Marie Benedict’s The Personal Librarian: A novel based on the true story of the young Black woman who passed as white, and curated J.P. Morgan’s personal library.
New DVDs include:
- White Lotus, Season 1: The talked-about new TV series.
- Three Thousand Years of Longing, starring Idries Elba and Tilda Swinton.
More new ones coming!
—- Submitted by Joan Aleshire
Have you heard?
The Shrewsbury Library
will soon be offering
downloadable audio books and eBooks
any time, anywhere at
At this website you can checkout and download…
Adobe EPUB eBooks
Adobe PDF eBooks
OverDrive WMA Audiobooks
OverDrive MP3 Audiobooks
To checkout and download you need…
A valid library card Internet access
- A computer or device that meets the system requirements for the type(s) of materials you wish to download
- Free software for the computer or device on which you wish to use the materials available at this site
***PLEASE HANDLE DVDs WITH CARE; THE SHINY SIDE WILL SCRATCH!